How hard is to maintain high motivation levels?
There’s something about a good motivational quote that always gets me revved up that little extra bit.
One of the main reasons Return To Work Professionals listen to my podcast RTW Nation is for that weekly dose of inspiration – and I’m happy to oblige.
There are a number of skills and personality traits that make the difference between someone who just works in RTW and someone who is a true RTW Pro.
Here are 5 personality traits of the modern RTW Pro, each with a handful of motivational quotes to fire up your day today.
Caring for others
1. “Any idea is only as valuable as its ability to solve a problem.” – Sally Hogshead
2. “Step with care and great tact, and remember that Life’s a Great Balancing Act.” – Dr. Seuss
3. “It’s important to slow down, every now and then, for no other reason than to call someone to say ‘Hi.’ It doesn’t have to be a long conversation. Just calling out of the blue does more to let someone know you still care about them than nearly anything else.” – Simon Sinek
4. “Before you are a leader, success is all about growing yourself. When you become a leader, success is all about growing others.” — Jack Welch
5. “The best executive is the one who has sense enough to pick good men to do what he wants done, and self-restraint enough to keep from meddling with them while they do it.” — Theodore Roosevelt
6. “A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves.” — Lao Tzu
7. “In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” — Thomas Jefferson
8. “What you do has far greater impact than what you say.” — Stephen Covey
9. “Fall seven times, stand up eight.” —Japanese proverb
10. “Whatever you are, be a good one.” — Abraham Lincoln
11. “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” ― Albert Einstein
12. “It is unwise to be too sure of one’s own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err.” ― Mahatma Gandhi
13. “My body could stand the crutches but my mind couldn’t stand the sideline.” – Michael Jordan
14. “Write your injuries in dust, your benefits in marble.” – Benjamin Franklin
15. “The injuries we do and those we suffer are seldom weighed in the same scales.” – Aesop